Drug and alcohol addiction has presented itself as being one of the single most dangerous and difficult crisis issues in this country, one of which can and should be worked over quickly and efficiently. Substance abuse is a big problem in this country now, bringing with it other problems and crisis issues of epidemic-level proportions. The crisis is a real one, and major action needs to be taken to correct it.
One of the keynotes of addiction in today’s day and age is that there are now simply a lot of different substances that people can become addicted to. This is the sad truth of the matter. There are several different substances in this country that, all one and the same, can cause horrendous and actually life threatening addiction issues. Without an appropriate approach to address these issues, dangers and other problems will simply come up. It’s important to identify all of the different types of drugs that are used and abused in the nation today and to effectively address addictions to them.
Included in this article is a list of the most commonly abused drugs in this nation and the types of withdrawal symptoms that are most often experienced because of those substances.
- Marijuana. Easily the most commonly abused drug in this nation, marijuana creates anxiety, paranoia, itches, scratches, restlessness, and an inability to sleep well when one is withdrawing off of it.
- Heroin. Heroin is a terrible drug that causes unbearable withdrawal effects. Body aches and pains all over the body, restless leg syndrome, inner pain within internal organs, respiratory difficulties, migraine headaches, and several other harsh feelings are very normal when one is withdrawing off of heroin.
- Opiate pain relievers. Opiate pain relievers are some of the worst because they are legal drugs that are actually recommended for us to take, but the withdrawal effects are just as bad or are worse than heroin. The withdrawal symptoms for opiate pain pills are essentially the same as withdrawals from heroin, except that pill addicts often feel as though spaces are compressing in on them when they are withdrawing, and there is a hysterical paranoia that goes along with it.
- Cocaine. Cocaine withdrawals are also very uncomfortable. This is the feeling of extreme agitation and intense hysteria. Shaking uncontrollably, total mental breakdowns, itching, scratching, restless leg syndrome, etc.
- Methamphetamine. This is the drug that causes self-harm as a withdrawal effect. Picking at the skin, scratching the skin off, pulling fingernails off, scratching the face, pulling hair out, restlessness, it’s all a part of meth withdrawals.
Just with a brief glimpse at the above drugs, it is very easy to see that coming down off of drugs is very harsh and very uncomfortable, and the effects that one will feel are not necessarily the same or even similar one drug to the next.
How Rehabilitation Can Help
The key for those who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction and the horrendous withdrawals that one might face is that one needs to enter into an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization. That is key and that is without a doubt the single most important thing to do.
A professional rehabilitation program is the key to helping a person come down off of drugs and alcohol in such a way that comfort and a stress-free experience are actually possible. This is achievable at A Forever Recovery. Call us today at (866) 238-0066 for more information and for a chance to create a new life for yourself and your family.